I love birthdays and even more birthday cakes. Last week I baked a yummy chocolate cake for a dear friend of mine who just turned 30. She was definitely surprised by the office celebration and enjoyed a lot all the arrangements made on her own. Here is the cake recipe:
3 large free-range eggs
210 g all-purpose flour
320 g granulated white sugar
90 g dark chocolate, melted
200 g unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon baking powder
250 ml warm milk
1. Preheat oven to 180 C and line a round baking tin with butter and flour;
2. In a large food container, add all dry ingredients;
3. Make a whole in the middle of the container and add eggs, melted butter and milk;
4. Blend it very well with a hand mixer in full speed, for about 5 minutes;
5. Add mixture to the baking tin, cover with aluminium paper and bake it for about 30 minutes;
6. Remove aluminium paper and bake it for another 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean;
7. Let it cool down.
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
100 g dark chocolate (the best quality you can afford)
1 tablespoon of butter
150 ml milk cream
Chocolate sprinkles to decorate
1. Over medium-low heat, cook condensed milk, butter and dark chocolate stirring vigorously until it thickens enough to show the pan bottom during stirring;
2. Add milk cream add keep cooking it for another 5 minutes;
3. Turn off the stove and set it aside.
Cut cake in the middle (horizontally) and fill it up with the chocolate topping. Add the other half of the cake on the top and cover it with the rest of the chocolate frosting. Add chocolate sprinkles to decorate.
Let it cool down before serving it.